Monday, June 25, 2007

Brew + Baseball League Update

Every year, I play in a fantasy baseball league with some fellow beer enthusiasts. But the prize here is for more than bragging rights or cash, it's for beer! This year, we have 8 teams split between two division and the 7 losers will send the winner about $20 worth of beer.



Right now, my team, The Allagash Cru, has a record of 46-58-6 - good for last place in the Lager Division. I need to make it into second place in my division for a shot at the playoffs.



Fortunately, I got to play the second place team in my division, The Pataskala Isotopes, this week. After losing two of my last three, it was time to shake up the roster a bit. I dumped the slumping Melvin Mora for the suddenly hot rookie 3B Alex Gordon, cut 3B/OF Aubrey Huff for Shane Victorino in an attempt to add some speed, let 2B Ryan Theriot go for the now healthy 2B Ian Kinsler and finally gave up on SP Daniel Cabrera and picked up SP Rodrigo Lopez who is now off of the DL.



The result? Very good this weekend as I beat the Isotopes 6-4. That puts me solidly in 3rd place now and hopefully will be the beginning of a winning streak since I have a long way to go to capture second place.



Lots of beer on the line, hopefully this is the start of the winning streak.

No comments: