Monday, August 4, 2008

Tasting Notes: Flying Dog Garde Dog

Brewery: Flying Dog Brewery
Style: Biere de Garde
ABV: 5.5%
Date Poured: July 2008

I have a real love and hate relationship with Flying Dog. They have some beers I adore and others I can't stand. Either way, it's always a surprise. There are few Biere de Gardes made in the U.S. so I figured this was worth a try.

Bright yellow gold in the glass with a dense white head. Aromas are of citrusy , pale malt. Lightly vinous and fruity. Just a hint of clove and coriander.

The taste is quite spicy and the body is quite dry. These are traits that I typically love in a beer but somehow the combination is falling flat to me. Listless in the mouth with a peppery aftertaste.

It's not bad but it's not great either. I am unmoved.





Flying Dog Brewery

No comments: